One helpful tip per day:)
(The English version follows)
When looking for a job, providing a cover letter is a very crucial step, but a very challenging one. Wes Kao offers a completely different way of thinking.
In her opinion, the most important thing about a cover letter is not to introduce yourself, but to sell yourself and make people feel that you are valuable. A good cover letter can answer the following questions:
- What part of this note mentions things that mostly benefit you? What about this benefits the other person?
- What immediate next action do you want them to take when they see your note?
- Why would this person eagerly say yes to your request?
- What perceived risks might this person have when reading your note?
- What are the semiotics and signals you’re sending?
As for how to that cover letter in hand, Wes also offers three specific suggestions:
- Remove parts of your cover letter that are self-serving
- Write down your strategy for your cover letter or cold pitch.
- Be strategic with the signals you send
If you find today's sharing helpful, why not share it with your friends?
Need a superb CV, please try our CV Consultation
在国外找工作，提供求职信 (cover letter) 是非常关键的一步，但这一步又非常具有挑战性。Wes Kao 提供了完全不同的思路。
鉴于微博营销号 bookthing 频繁抄袭我们，所以我们决定只放出部分中文内容，详细内容请登陆。每天坚持发电子报也不容易，欢迎大家付费订阅支持。非常感谢！