Daily Productive Sharing 305 - The Disruptor of AWS
One helpful tip per day:)
Last Friday's share was a Facebook crash report by Cloudflare, and today's share also introduces Cloudflare.
- AWS is the cornerstone of the entire cloud service, and S3 is one of the first storage products they brought to market.
- S3 provides users with cheap, reliable and easily scalable storage space, which can help users reduce the initial investment in website construction. It's like buying a house to build a website, but with S3, you don't have to buy a house, you can always rent from S3.
- although S3 storage prices are not high, data transfer in is free, but they set a very high price of data transfer out, so that the user can be locked in.
- Cloudflare launched R2 this storage product, aimed at S3, a little less than S3 are.
- Cloudflare, as a disruptor, targets the so-called new value networks, bottom-up to seize the market;
- Of course, this is not the first time Cloudflare target AWS, as early as July, they launched a number of cloud vendors jointly Bandwidth Alliance, to help users reduce bandwidth costs.
If you enjoy today's sharing, why not subscribe?
Need a superb CV, please try our CV Consultation
上周五的分享是由 Cloudflare 带来的 Facebook 当机事故报告，今天的分享同样介绍了 Cloudflare。
- AWS 是整个云服务的奠基厂商，而 S3 这款存储产品是他们最早推向市场的产品之一。
- S3 为用户提供了便宜可靠且易于扩展的存储空间，可以帮助用户降低网站建设的前期投入。就好比原来建网站需要买房子，有了 S3 之后不用买房子，可以一直向 S3 租房。
- 尽管 S3 的存储价格不高，数据转入免费，但是他们设置了非常高昂的数据转出价格，这样就可以把用户锁定；
- 于是 Cloudflare 推出了 R2 这一存储产品，瞄准的就是 S3，比 S3 都少一点；
- Cloudflare 作为搅局者，采取了和拼多多一样的策略，即瞄准所谓的 new value networks，自下而上地抢占市场；
- 当然这并不是 Cloudflare 第一次瞄准 AWS 了，早在七月的时候，他们就联合多家云厂商发起了带宽联盟 (Bandwidth Alliance)，帮助用户降低带宽成本。