One helpful tip per day:)
SCMP's data visualization team is well known in the industry, and they continue to produce a variety of great work to help readers understand the news more easily.
Jason Forrest spoke with a six-person team, which is full of characteristics:
- the team members come from all over the world and have different backgrounds, which helps provide different perspectives on the news. For example, someone is not a data expert, so through their perspective, they must first understand the data before they can interpret them. This significantly reduces the cost of understanding the visualization, and breaks the curse of knowledge.
- the team was independent of the news section, so they didn't have to depend on it to come up with data visualizations, and the editor-in-chief of SCMP didn't put pressure on them, so there was no pressure from Jack Ma.
- some works have strong effectiveness, and some works will have a long creation period; some works are realized by code, and some works are realized by sketches. So there is no restriction.
As for the data visualization itself, they also have their own unique insights:.
If our content is valuable to you, how about paying to support us :)
- the storytelling itself is most important, the means by which the story is told is secondary.
- it is basically impossible for readers to understand if the visualization elucidates the meaning in a way that is difficult for them to understand.
If you enjoy today's sharing, why not subscribe?
Need a superb CV, please try our CV Consultation
南早的数据可视化团队在业界享有盛名，他们持续不断地推出各种优秀作品，帮助读者更容易地理解新闻。Jason Forrest 采访了这一六人团队，这一团队非常有特点：