Daily Productive Sharing 345 - What Do We Learn From COVID?
One helpful tip per day:)
Steven Johnson reflects on what COVID will leave behind for humanity.
- in the United States, COVID has caused as many casualties in four months as HIV did in the first eight years;
- that it took 13 years after the Spanish pandemic for humans to detect that it was a viral disease, while it took only 20 days to discover the COVID virus after its outbreak;
- the first large-scale application of an mRNA vaccine was in COVID, while vaccines for HIV and malaria, also based on mRNA technology, are already in development;
- our next generation will treat this epidemic as the norm and thus better protect themselves; just as people who experienced SARS in 2003 started to protect themselves much sooner at the very beginning of COVID.
If you enjoy today's sharing, why not subscribe?
Need a superb CV, please try our CV Consultation
Steven Johnson 反思 COVID 会给人类留下什么：
- 在美国，COVID 在四个月内夺去的生命，等于 HIV 前八年夺去的生命；
- 人类在西班牙大流感发生后的13年才确定这是由病毒引起的疾病，而发现 COVID 病毒只用了20天；
- mRNA 疫苗第一次大规模应用就是在 COVID 中，而同样基于 mRNA 技术的 HIV 和疟疾疫苗已经在开发中；
- 我们的下一代会把这种疫情当作常态，从而更好地保护自己；就像经历过2003年 SARS 的人们在 COVID 一开始的时候就更快地开始保护自己那样。
需要更棒的简历，不妨试试我们的 CV Consultation
如果你也想成为更高效的人，欢迎加入我们的 TG group