Daily Productive Sharing 353
One helpful tip per day:)
What is a good essay? Paul Graham gives his definition:
- Good writing should be convincing, certainly, but it should be convincing because you got the right answers, not because you did a good job of arguing.
- An essay doesn't begin with a statement, but with a question. You notice a door that's ajar, and you open it and walk in to see what's inside.
- Just as inviting people over forces you to clean up your apartment, writing something that other people will read forces you to think well.
- An essay you publish ought to tell the reader something he didn't already know.
- The river's algorithm is simple. At each step, flow down. For the essayist this translates to: flow interesting. Of all the places to go next, choose the most interesting.
- Essays should aim for maximum surprise.
- If there's one piece of advice I would give about writing essays, it would be: don't do as you're told. Don't believe what you're supposed to. Don't write the essay readers expect; one learns nothing from what one expects. And don't write the way they taught you to in school.
If you enjoy today's sharing, why not subscribe?
Need a superb CV, please try our CV Consultation
Paul Graham 介绍了什么样的文章才是好文章：
需要更棒的简历，不妨试试我们的 CV Consultation
如果你也想成为更高效的人，欢迎加入我们的 TG group