One helpful tip per day:)
Ludovico Bessi, a CS student who graduated last year, shared his experience of how he found the position of Machine Learning Engineer at Google, which is very informative:
- while in school, he participated in open source events like Google summer of code and Julia season of contribution, as well as an internship at CERN.
- he was rejected by most companies (20/30) and didn't even get an interview from them, although he eventually became an engineer of Google's Zurich office.
- he applied for both machine learning and data science positions, but most of the interviews were in machine learning, and he basically didn't get any interview in data science.
- he focused on communication in the interview, in his opinion all the interviews were 'Solve this little algorithmic problem with another engineer while having fun'.
- he frequently uses data from Levels.fyi to judge the value of each offer.
If you enjoy today's sharing, why not subscribe?
Need a superb CV, please try our CV Consultation
Ludovico Bessi 是去年毕业的 CS 学生，他分享了自己如何找到 Google 机器学习工程师这一职位的经历，非常有借鉴意义：
- 在校期间，他就参与了 Google summer of code 和 Julia season of contribution 这样的开源活动，并且参与了 CERN 的实习；
- 尽管他最终成为了 Google 苏黎世办公室的一员，但他被大多数公司拒绝（20/30），甚至连面试机会都没拿到；
- 他在面试中十分重视交流，在他看来所有的面试都是 'Solve this little algorithmic problem with another engineer while having fun'；
- 频繁使用 Levels.fyi 的数据来判断每一个 offer 的价值。
需要更棒的简历，不妨试试我们的 CV Consultation
如果你也想成为更高效的人，欢迎加入我们的 TG group