One helpful tip per day:)
Jason Fried uses Basecamp as an example to explain a simple truth:
- Your true competitor is only one - your costs.
- Many external factors are beyond your control, but your costs are within your control.
- Despite the appearance of glamour, many companies have high costs and are actually running at a loss. On the other hand, Basecamp may seem small in scale, but it has been profitable for many years.
- The lower your costs, the fewer paying customers you need to survive, and thus the less pressure you face. Of course, having more paying customers can create a bigger buffer for your business.
If you enjoy today's sharing, why not subscribe
Need a superb CV, please try our CV Consultation
Jason Fried 以 Basecamp 为例，解释了一个很朴素的道理：
- 尽管很多公司看起来很光鲜，但他们的成本不低，实际上是亏本的；Basecamp 看起来规模不大，但是这么多年来一直是赢利的；
- 成本越低，存活下来需要的付费用户越少，所以生存压力越小。当然越多的付费用户可以创造越多的 buffer。