One helpful tip per day:)
Joel Spolsky analyzed what "architecture astronauts" are:
- They always focus on abstract architecture but ignore the specific problems that need to be addressed.
- They believe a single architecture can solve all problems, without considering its practical implementation.
- They enjoy reinventing the wheel, creating frameworks just for the sake of creating frameworks.
It reminds me of a former colleague I worked with who was exactly like this, and eventually, his actions caused the team to become divided, and everyone wanted to leave:
- When we switched message distribution from Celery to Kafka, he didn't bother to understand the reasons behind it and demanded everyone to migrate back to Celery.
- When our authentication service had issues, and we planned to replace IdP server with Keycloak, he decided to build his own IdP server and forced everyone to use his service.
- He claimed to have handled millions of concurrent tasks, yet he couldn't even design a simple database structure and forcefully changed other engineers' well-designed solutions into his nonsense approach.
If you enjoy today's sharing, why not subscribe
Need a superb CV, please try our CV Consultation
Joel Spolsky 分析了什么是架构宇航员（architecture astronauts):
- 当我们把消息分发从 Celery 切换到 Kafka 之后，他不问前因后果，要求大家迁移回 Celery；
- 当我们的鉴权服务出现问题，准备从 IdP server 升级到 Keycloak，他又自己写了一个 IdP server，强行要求大家用他的服务；