One helpful tip per day:)
Ryan Holiday is already a prolific author, but looking back on his own experience, he says success comes much slower than imagined:
- It wasn't until he published his thirteenth book that he made it onto the New York Times bestseller list.
- His book The Obstacle Is The Way took six years to become a bestseller.
- Many times, success requires waiting—more waiting than we expect, which is known as Hofstadter's Law.
- If you want to succeed, take action now and then wait patiently, even more patiently than you think.
Much like Tony Dinh, whom we shared about last Friday, he said it took him two years of solo entrepreneurship to reach a monthly income of $45,000. But before that, he spent seven years polishing his skills and building numerous failed products. His success in the last two years is just the result of long-term effort.
If you enjoy today's sharing, why not subscribe
Want a smoother immigration experience, please try our AwesomeVisa
Ryan Holiday 早已是一位著作等身的作家，不过回顾他自己的经历，他说，成功远比想象来得慢：
- 他的 The Obstacle Is The Way 花了六年才上畅销榜；
- 很多时候，成功需要等待，需要比我们预期更多的等待，这就是所谓的 Hofstadter 法则；
就像上周五我们分享的 Tony Dinh，他说自己花了两年时间创业，就达到了月入 $45,000 的成功。但是在此之前，他花了七年时间打磨自己的变成技能，写过无数过失败的产品。而近两年的成功只是他长期努力的结果。