One helpful tip per day:)
Tom Scott recently released his farewell video, marking the end of his consistent updates over the past decade. Simon Willison wrote an article specifically to introduce Tom's journey:
- Tom Scott's success lies not only in his ten years of perseverance, consistently releasing a video every week, but also in his attention to detail, such as his collection of factual errors made in his videos, which he openly shares with the public;
- The secret to success is continuous perseverance and iterative improvement based on that perseverance;
- Of course, perseverance is a double-edged sword. It can motivate you to keep going, but it can also create invisible pressure. Therefore, while persevering, maintaining a certain level of flexibility is healthier in the long run.
In fact, last year, I also spent a lot of time considering the future of DPS, whether to continue it or not?
Now, what supports me are two things:
- In over three years, DPS has never missed a single day of updates.
- At least reading RSS is still very beneficial for me personally, and doing DPS is just a small effort.
Referring to Tom Scott's ten-year goal, DPS should at least update 2500 issues, and now there are still 1610 issues to go :)
Of course, I also hope that more friends will read DPS. If you find DPS helpful, please don't hesitate to share it with your friends. Thank you!
If you enjoy today's sharing, why not subscribe
Want a smoother immigration experience, please try our AwesomeVisa
Tom Scott 近期发布了他的告别视频 ，为他十年来坚持不断的更新画上了一个句号。他的 Simon Willison 专门写了文章来介绍 Tom 的历程：
- Tom Scott 的成功不仅仅在于他十年间的坚持，每周发布一期视频的坚持，而且在于他的细致，比如他专门搜集了自己在视频中的事实错误，并公之于众；
其实去年也有很多时候在考虑 DPS 的未来，是否还要坚持下去？
- 三年多来，DPS 从来没有一天断更
- 至少阅读 RSS 对我本身还有很大的帮助，做 DPS 无非就是举手之劳
参考 Tom Scott 的十年目标，DPS 至少要更新2500期，现在还差1610期:)
当然，我也希望能有更多的朋友读到 DPS。如果你觉得 DPS 对你有些许帮助，请不吝分享给身边的朋友。谢谢！