One helpful tip per day:)
Tanya Reilly believes that continuous learning is the most important skill in the software development industry:
- Only through continuous learning can you keep up with the development of the industry and avoid being obsolete.
- If continuous learning is the most important ability, then perseverance is the second most important.
- Although we all understand the importance of learning, we don't often discuss how to learn. This can cause confusion and frustration for beginners, so we need to share more about how to learn.
- It's like Instagram, where we only see the glamorous side, but overlook the effort and hardships behind it.
- Learning itself is also a skill. The better you master it, the faster you can learn new knowledge. This is true for learning within the same field as well; it might start off slow, but suddenly you'll get the hang of it.
- Everything in the software industry can be learned, as long as you are willing to spend the time.
Tanya Reilly has written a book called The Staff Engineer's Path, focusing on the practical skills and requirements of staff engineers, which is an excellent book.
If you enjoy today's sharing, why not subscribe
Want a smoother immigration experience, please try our AwesomeVisa
Tanya Reilly 认为持续学习是软件开发行业的最重要技能：
- 这就像 Instagram / 小红书一样，我们只看到光鲜亮丽的一面，却忽略了这后面的努力和心酸；
Tanya Reilly 写过一本 The Staff Engineer's Path，专注 staff engineer 在实操层面的技能和要求，非常棒的一本书。